Spectacular Tanzania Safari
- Boating and fishing
- Guided walks
- Unspoiled African bush
Days 1 - 3: Selous Game Reserve
Upon your arrival at Dar es Salaam Domestic Airport you will be met by a representative for your scheduled flight to Siwandu Airstrip in the Selous. Daily flights depart at 14:30. A representative from Sand Rivers will meet you at the airstrip for your game-drive to camp.
Sand Rivers Selous Safari Lodge:
Situated on the banks of the Rufiji River in the Selous Game Reserve, Sand Rivers offers a unique combination of adventure, comfort and exclusivity. Situated in the north of the Reserve, Sand Rivers' concession area provides exclusive entry to one of the most interesting and varied eco zones of the Selous. The area contains one of the few remaining populations of Black Rhino and provides the exhilarating opportunity of tracking them on foot. This small luxury lodge comprises 8 individually designed cottages with en suite bathrooms.
Each cottage has a view of the wide sand-banked river with its Hippo, Crocodile and bird life. Near the dining area a large Baobab tree shades the swimming pool. A wide range of activities are on offer including game drives in open vehicles, walking, fly-camping and boating on the Rufiji River and Lake Tagalala. Three overnights at Sand Rivers in an open-fronted cottage with a veranda and en-suite facilities. Accommodation is on a full board basis including scheduled activities.
Days 4 - 6: Ruaha National Park
After breakfast, transfer to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Ruaha Airstrip where a representative from Jongomero Camp will meet you for your game-drive to camp. Three overnights at Jongomero Camp in a tent under thatch with a veranda and en-suite facilities. Accommodation is on a full board basis including scheduled activities. Activities include guided walks, game-drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles and river and fishing trips by boat.
Day 7: Dar es Salaam
Enjoy a game-drive and breakfast before your transfer to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Dar es Salaam Domestic Airport. On arrival, at 14:00, services end.
- Twin or single accommodation
- Meals on a full board basis at Sand Rivers and Jongomero Camp
- Drinks as offered by Sand Rivers
- Laundry at Sand Rivers and Jongomero Camp
- Scheduled game activities as specified
- Tanzania National Park fees
- Scheduled domestic flights: Dar es Salaam Domestic Airport / Selous Siwandu Airstrip / Ruaha Airstrip / Dar es Salaam Domestic Airport
- Domestic departure tax, currently USD 6.00 per person, from Dar es Salaam
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified above
- Flight to Dar es Salaam (day 1) and from Dar es Salaam (day 7)
- Visa fees (if required)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions